Eibach Strut Bar

Got my strut bar delivered yesterday and proceeded to go out last night to
test fit it to my 97GLX.  Since it came with no instructions Eibach must
think that a trained monkey could do the install.  Since I'm not a trained
monkey, I would like to hear from other Eibach owners about my concerns.

Before I start drilling holes in my strut/shock towers I need some help.  I
placed both collars over the strut bearings the way I think they should go
but the strut bar doesn't clear the coolant expansion tank.  I then flipped
the collars L>R, R>L and the strut bar goes behind the tank, (I think this
is the correct way). BUT now the braces on the collars rub BIG TIME on a
wiring loom running along the edge of the drip pan in the engine
compartment.  I don't feel comfortable having the relatively sharp edges of
the brace rubbing on wiring over time.

If somebody who has an Eibach strut bar would reply and state whether I am
missing something I would GREATLY appreciate it.  I can't believe that
Eibach would place the braces on the collar such that they don't clear the
wiring located in the engine compartment.  Why didn't they just make the bar
(or brace) a little higher so it would clear the expansion tank.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BTW, I have no intention of starting the "What strut bar is the best?"
thread.

PSS - If anyone has the instructions to the Eibach bar I would really
appreciate faxing them to me.  972-917-4519

Bill Schleusner
b-schleusner@ti.com