Re: bumper cover

In a message dated 9/17/98 5:36:58 PM Central Daylight Time, MRobT@aol.com
writes:

<< I asked the dealer and he told me that it
 had been replaced, that it had been cracked and so they replaced it, and that
 all the replacement pieces are rough; that the paint sticks to them better.

In a word, bullshit.

It's either a bad paint job, or something is screwed up with the piece. Ask a
reputable bodyshop (not the dealer shop) if this is indeed true. My money says
they'll tell you no. Why would VW put out repair parts (maybe it's an
aftermarket piece...) that would alter the appearance of their car? Somebody's
dicking you around.

Dave
98 GLX
Tornadic Red