Re: Nitrous

I think the general consensus of VR6 owners is anti-nitrous.  I have on
thought about it before, but have seen so many cars bend valves and
break pistons because of mis-use, not on a VR6 mind you, but on alot of
other cars.  I know of VR6 guys that have hundred shots on there cars,
and run in the 13's down the 1320.  I bet a fifty shot would be
harmless, as long as it were a throttle activated, progressive system.
That is a system that depending on the rpm it is set at, will start the
flow of nitrous at say 3200 rpm.  The nitrous comes on slow at first,
maybe 10%, and then increase the flow to 100% over a certain time
period.  It is supposed to feel like real power.  All of the components
for this already exist, but you end up dropping a grand into the
system...  550 for the nitrous, 150 for the throttle switch, and another
300 for the timer, plus install.  Still, it is the cheapest way to get
50 hp from a VR6.

Billy T.