The stick

Hey everyone,

Has anyone experienced this with their GLX?

1) When you release the clutch in first gear, the gear lever moves back and
forth.  The faster you accelerate the faster it moves.  When you place your
hand on it you can feel the force of the stick still move, but when placed in
the next gear it stops doing it.  Is this normal, or is it just my car.  The
dealer said that it was normal (their usual answer) They said that it was due
to the torque groove that 1st gear falls into, and that is why it moves like
that....hhhhhmmmmmm I don't know if I can believe that!

2) Now that my car is approaching 20k it still moves, but when I place my hand
over it it stops, and I don't feel the force moving it anymore.

Thanks........

Talat
97 GLX
Blk/Blk