RE: NYC Dealers??? (longish)

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Adam Liss wrote:

> I bought my '97 from King's Volkswagen in Brooklyn.  I worked with
> Conrad, who treated me with respect and gave me a good price the first
> time I asked.

I'll second Adam's comment. As I said when I was looking for a used Jetta
I stopped into Kings VW and spoke with Conrad. He was very helpful, he
told me that a lot of people buy the cars at the end of the lease and
those that come back are pretty beat up and go to auction. He did offer to
get me a good deal on a lease for a new one. But being a 21 year old,
single male, living in NYC I wasn't able to swing the insurance on a
new lease car.

I've called Kings Service Department a few time and they were nice and
helpful as well.

> DO NOT go to Bay Ridge Volkswagen!!!  The day I went, I was ignored (a
> sunday, and it was empty)

I also went on Sunday, it was empty, and I was attended to by the Sales
Manager himself. Saw a couple of Jettas, he took a customer profile, etc.
I had to postpone my search for a couple weeks because things came up.
They kept calling, I finally told them "I'll give you a call when I'm
ready"  I did, drove the car, signed the contract.

I thought it was a nice touch that the salesman delivered the car to my
office in Manhattan for payment and final deal closing because I needed
the car but couldn't get to the dealership early enough during the week.
After all it was a used car.

> but anyone who is considering giving business to Bay Rige VW, don't!
> King's Volkswagen treats you 1,000 times better.  You are spending your
> hard earned money.  Make sure you give it to someone who appreciates
> that fact.

If I were to buy new I'd definitely check Kings VW but I needed a used
Jetta at the time so Koeppel VW and Bay Ridge VW were my only options.

later,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black