Re: Introduction, revived Wolfsburg

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Alexander L. Kunstmann wrote:

> >o Rear end feels too light
>
> Umm.. I think it could be because... um.. No
> engine in the rear end?..

Of course :) Also the drive train is all up front, not much back there
under the trunk. The first week I had the car let us say the front end
became smushed. The front tires left black skid marks, the rear of the car
I believe left the ground (sure felt that way). Stopping power seems to
come almost all from the front.

> >o Finding reverse
>
> Push. Left. Up.
>
> Need to be used to it..

I *might* get used to it over time. Is VW protecting me from myself? I can
just imaging a valet crunching gears looking for reverse.

> >o Cucaracha cucaracha
> cucarachacucarachacucaracha...
>
> Is it not starting yet?. Someone left a tape in
> the stereo from the factory?.

Perhaps I don't understand your reference. Anyway, I mean the annoying
beeping sound from the relay under the dash when the door is open. I
pulled it out, but it seems be tied into the alarm system! When I get
around to it I will cover the speaker grill on the relay.

> As I read, you have to live more time with your
> Jetta.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Jetta. I think after
driving a beloved car for 12 years it will take a while to adjust.

> like it'. There was a day when my father thought
> about trying a new brand (oh my), and he bought a
> 'new' old Nissan Sentra. Damn, everything makes
> noise inside it after 2 years old, too hard and

My mom had a Nissan Stanza. Everything you said, and probably worse!

> I understand you very well. Cheers.

Cheers too Alex, thanks for writing back.

-Mitch
Mitchell Leben	         Owner of digicam@leben.com mailing
mitch@leben.com		    list for all Digital Cameras. Send
http://www.leben.com/lists  'subscribe digicam' to majordomo@leben.com