RE: Introduction, revived Wolfsburg

I hope this note is not too specific for the list...

I also bought my Jetta at Mahan VW in Houston, TX just a few miles from
where I live. My experience is similar, at least with the sales staff.
They were quite generous in showing me the car, but showed little interest
in actually closing the deal. Worse, when I went to pick up the car I had
to correct the sales person several times while said person was supposedly
teaching me about the car!

OTOH, the service department and body shop are very good. If you have the
misfortune to visit the body shop, ask for Steve and tell him I offer only
praise. They fixed my brand new car in a few days, did a fine job, fought
the insurance company for me, etc. Once you get over the shock of seeing
your car in pieces, it is neat to look around and see the innards of the
Audis and VWs.

BTW, a quick comment on my accident. I hit a Suburban, ~$2500 to fix my
car. Hardly a scratch on the tank. Chevy is not playing fair, so I plan to
install huge tubular bumpers front and rear on the Jetta (JK. Anyone from
down South knows what I mean).

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, mikeandcarmen wrote:

> I'm hoping that Mahan does not represent the pinnacle of VW dealerships
> in the Houston area.

-Mitch
Mitchell Leben           Owner of epson-inkjet@leben.com mailing
mitch@leben.com             list for all Epson Inkjet Printers. Send