Shift points

What is up Jettaboys?

Name is Billy T. and just came over from the GTI List (slippin')

Anyways, just thought I would give my opinion of shift points.

One and two have the gearing to carry the revs all the way to redline.
In the higher gears, the loss of power is much more evident, so lowering
the shifts to say 5800 from three to four, and even lower still from
four to five, say 5500 or maybe even less.  I don't do much of my
driving at 120 mph, so you will just have to play with the four to five,
and find out what works for you.

Billy Tylaska
www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/1641/billy.html
1998 Ginster Yellow GTI VR6
Gun Metal Grey Abt A11 17x7.5, Toyo FZ4 215/40-17, Eibach Pro-Kit with a
coil cut at each corner(need new springs), Koni adj. shocks and struts,
Neuspeed front and 28mm rear swaybars, Eibach front strut brace, OMP
rear strut brace(chrome),Abt Head lights with Hella 100w H-4 bulbs,
Weapon R air filter with p-flo bracket for MAF, heat shield, custom
exhaust, EuroSport 8mm plug wires, alloy door lock pins, red Sparco
pedals, Momo Short Anatomic shift knob, cut shift lever, color matched
sound cover and fan gaurd, polished and powder coated intake manifold,
Hella grille with driving lights(not pictured), no more DRLs, OEM fogs
removed, Kamei air intakes to come soon, Lumar 35% metalic tint, Clarion
Pro Audio CD changer with factory head unit, and non matching Ginster
Yellow trim and bumbers, Go VW.