Re: OIL CHANGES

You can get the right filter at Autozone, PepBoys, etc.  They won't be
"genuine VW" filters, but they are the same if not better quaility.  Autozone
carries a brand called Deutch(I hope I spelled that right).  It is very
similar to the OEM VW filer(it has the anti-drainback valve).  I use Castrol
Sythetic 5w-50 oil and do the changes myself.  It looks like(once again) the
dealer is BSing you.

Just my .02,
John

Wilde11@aol.com
'97 Windsor Blue Jetta GT
Neuspeed 260 degree cam and P-Flo
Neuspeed strut tower brace and Jamex Sportsline Suspension
Autothority Chip, Euro Sport Short Shift
No DRL's, 5hp A/C Mod, Clairion/Alpine/Polk audio system
16" wheels and tires to follow