RE: Battery life (was: group purchase Optima Red Top)

The main reason the Optima was so cool when it came out was the fact that
you could mount it at any angle or location.  This is great for street
rods, race cars and dual battery systems.  Also by design it should have
more cranking amps and longer life.  My buddy had one in a 454 SS pickup he
bought.  That thing went dead faster than any other battery I have seen,
but the big block probably takes twice the power to crank over too.
They do look damn cool though.

Tim Kling
92 GTI 16V
CLUB H2O/eurospeed member