RE: Battery life (was: group purchase Optima Red Top)

>I'm not affiliated with Optima in any way--but if you visit the web site
>you'll have all the info you need. For your 98, I think it would be a better
>idea if you just use the factory battery until it dies exactly 1 year and
>364 days or 23999 miles, whichever comes first :) I mean if it ain't broke
>don't fix it. In my case, my GLX is almost two years old, I drained the
>battery by accidentally leaving the map light on, and now it takes a few
>more turns to start the car. The Optima will give me some peace of mind at
>the very least.

Oddly ... my '95 GLX still has the stock battery, and about 56k miles.
Still
cranks, starts like a dream, vroom-vroom and all. Is this expected
longevity
or should I anticipate a dead battery any time soon?
-T

     /|=-    Thomas J. Boyer   --=|/
    /|=-    cyng@lamere.net   --=|/