RE: Battery life (was: group purchase Optima Red Top)

Just another oddity of the '95 models :)

Interestingly enough, another guy on the GTI list has a '95 as well and his
battery is still going strong. Hmm..
I guess as long as you make sure the water level is ok in the battery I
think you should be fine. VW advertises the battery as "maintenance free",
but we all know what that means. Just pop those little covers off the
battery once in a while and take a look in there. If it looks low, add a
little distilled water.

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue