Bose Stereo questions

I've recently installed a Panasonic 6 CD changer in my 99 GLX with the
Bose Premium 10 speaker sound system. It sounds great  and the CD
changer works well, but installation took a little more time that I
though it would. Mounting and power were of course the most difficult
parts of the installation.  I figure I saved about $600  from having the
dealer install it and over $100 from a local car audio shop.
Crutchfeild  had the best prices for the equipment needed.

Now for the question. I've noticed recently that the security light on
my stereo does not light after I turn off the head unit and remove the
key as the manual says. I can't remember if it did light before I
installed the CD. When I was installing the CD player I removed the 15
amp radio fuse and heard what sounded like a relay clicking off. It's
the same sound I here after I remove the key from the ignition (thus
cutting power to the head unit) Removing the fuse did not trip the SAFE
lock out system on  the unit and everything works fine, with of course
the exception of the security light. So the question is, do I have a
radio security problem? Is the light disabled because of the VW security
system (has it's own light on the drivers door button)? Does your light
work ? Does it work after you've activated your security system?

CJI
'99 GLX  Silver Metalic/Black leather