Re: Dreams of AutoBahn

Adam,

	I had the same dream of going over to Europe and flying down the
autobahn at 100mph +..  well I did :)  Initially observed the speed limits
in Belgium heading towards Holland (140km/h) but everyone was just flying
past me.  Eventually ended up cruising at around 230km/h  all around the
Netherlands, down the Rhine valley & black forest area (Western edge of
Germany) and into France.

	One thing I did notice and LEARNED real quick,
you ONLY pass on the left.  At first I started passing anywhichway and I
got quite a few rude gestures .. ;)  It was a ball tho, had a rented Audi
A4 1.8T 5spd ... loaded to the gills.

	I've seen tons of accidents driving along the I-90 to NYC or
anywhere in the North Eastern US than I could ever imagine seeing in
Europe.  Actually for the 2 weeks I drove thru Europe, I didn't see a
single accident on the highways.  BTW, there were cops, cars and bikes
around the highways, parked behind overpasses etc but they didn't do
anything, didn't seem to be watching for speeders.

	Kinda kills to be cruising at 230km/h and have cars pass you like
you're standing still tho :)  Had a few Mercedes/BMW/Porche, the odd
VR6/Audi and Volvo station wagons too.. probably doing close to
250/60km/h, that's around 170mph?

Kevin.