Dreams of AutoBahn

Okay it has always been of a dream of mine to fly to Europe and drive VERY fast. =}

My roommate and I got in a decent discussion about laws and speed.

Basically I was wondering with people flying around over in Europe @ 100mph speeds all the time, do they have a much higher rate of accidents and deaths? Or is it the typical thing where they are all so use to it that it is just as safe as us Americans driving @ 65.

It goes towards the whole alcohal thing. Only in the US where they are very strict about drinking, do we have problems. But in foriegn nations where it is common place, kids grow up being more responsible and thus not as many problems.

Curious on what you all have to say...especially those on the list from europe.

Maybe I am nuts and just am a crazy american with the wrong idea of how they truely drive over there. Please slap me around and straighten me out on the subject.

Adam Lindsay