Re: tire size/stock rim - in response to Stewart

Here is how to figure the hieght of the side wall.  We will use all three
tires in question, a 215/50, a 205/50, and a 195/50.  The first number in
the size is the distance, in millimeters, of the width of the tire.  50
series tires are a no brainer, cause the side wall of a 50 series tire is
half of the width.  The formula is as follows:

215mm x .50 = 107.5mm, or about 4.4 inches high

205mm x .50 = 102.5, or about 4.2 inches high

195mm x .50 = 97.5, or about 4 inches high
If it were a 60 series tire, you would multiply by .60, and a 40 series by
.40, etc.

To figure the rolling diameter, multiply the hieght by 2 and add the size of
the wheel(15)

So, my point is that a 215/50 will be the fattest and the tallest, and the
195 will be the skinniest and the thinnest.