Re: tire size/stock rim - in response to Stewart

Actually the second part of the designation is the height of each sidewall
expressed as an aspect ratio of width to height. For example, if you have
a 205/50 VR 15, the tire is 205mm wide, has 102.5mm (205 * 0.50) sidewalls
and fits on a 15" rim.

Therefore, as your tire width changes, your sidewall height changes in
direct proportion as long as the aspect ratio stays the same.

-Pete