Re: Relying on the infinite wisdom o' the list (long)

At 11:47 AM -0500 10/20/98, posaune wrote:
>OK, guys, girls, I really need some guidance on this one.  Please help
>me out if you can.

Let the regional rep know that there absolutely IS a problem. As far as the
warranty, as long as there has been a proven instance that the problem
existed prior to the warranty expiring, you're OK.

If you don't get the answers you're looking for, inform the representative
that you intend to have the problem fixed at a third party garage, and that
you will be suing VW for the balance of that repair.

My car doesn't make that sound; my car doesn't have the ABS light come on.
My car backs out fine, while I'm gradually braking. If they don't commit to
repairing or fixing your car, then take them to court and sue for the
amount it took to repair your car.

Have your mechanic on hand to testify that the problem was x, y, and z, and
what he did was a, b, and c to resolve it, and have him explain why those
issues would fall under the VW warranty, proving, in essence, that VW
shirked their responsibility to fix the car under their warranty.

I wish everyone had a dealer that was as competent and helpful as mine is. :-(

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225