Re: Clutch return spring (was Re: Dealer BS)

Supposedly it is a huge job to get at that spring the right way.  I
wouldn't (and didn't) attempt it myself.  However, I had the same
experience you had only I had it three or four times.  Why can't these
people get it right!!

The last time I went in, the spring stayed in, but it felt horrible --
kind of a creaking *feeling* when letting the clutch out (very hard to
drive smoothly) -- so I finally got the time and energy to take the car
to another dealer.  Apparently the spring was in backwards (and held in
by a peice of wire?!?!).

So, the new dealer replaced the spring with the new bracket (its in a
TSB -- MAKE them look for it) and it is better I think (the car was
delivered without the spring, so I'm not exactly sure how it should
feel).  I even told the first dealer about the TSB.  Did they listen? Of
course not!

Yee Haw, my 2/24 expires on Halloween.

Sorry for the rant, but you get the picture.  Go back and make sure they
do it right.  Also, don't forget to check all of the parts down there
before and after you go in.  Mine never came back with everything in the
right place.

-erik