From: Khan Klatt <kmk@pacificrim.net>
To: jettaglx@igtc.com <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 1998 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Dealer BS

At 2:55 PM -0700 10/18/98, Dave Fournier wrote:
I will rotate my own tires, change my own oil and install the clutch overcenter spring.

The moral of this story is "If you want it done right the first time, do it yourself."

Or, write a letter to VW (or complain when they call to ask about your service) and find another dealer to take care of these things for you.

Write a letter to the dealer that the service advisor's advice of "that's normal" is purely incompetent-- the person didn't even look at what you were describing (by your narrative). For a technician to disregard a customers comments *without*even*looking* is so incompetent, it borders on criminal.

Sure, you might fix your own car, but what about the other people who take their cars there? You have a responsibility to see that this doesn't happen to others...

My $0.02.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net> Verio
Network Engineer Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13 725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315 Bellingham, WA 98225