Brake Upgrades

I just had the brake wear light come on at 60K.  Just a few quick questions.
I have been told by two dealers here in Minneapolis that the stock rotors
shouldn't be turned, just replaced.  In fact one said they refuse to turn
rotors and the second recommended they be replaced, both without seeing the
car.  Does this sound right?  I was planning on upgrading to the Mintex pads
anyway but has anyone had any experiences with the Autotech cross drilled
and slotted rotors?  I checked the archives and found some info on slotted
rotors but didn't see anything on cross drilled.  Is the cross drilling
worth the extra $ over the slotted ones?  The Autotech setup is going for
around $290 with pads while ND sells the ATE slotted for $175 with pads.
Any input would be appreciated.

Chris
95 GLX