Re: AUDI Question

loaded except for the Tip and Bose sound. List of options: Brillinat
yellow (cool shade paint), Recaro sports seats, winter pkg (heated seats,
heated washer nozzles, heated driver door lock, ski sack), sport pkg (
3 spokes sports steering wheel, 16in 7 spokes with Z rated Dunlops,
20mm lowered springs, bigger swaybars), Conv. pkg (power roof, remote
entry w/ selctive unlocking), Quattro system, Trip computer. The option
list itself is about $5000. Yeah, it's not cheap, then again if I wanted
cheap... I would have bought a Honda or Acura, right? It's not for
everybody that's for sure... I mean, my boss looked at me funny when
he found out that I spent $5000 just for options! Can I blame him? No,
... he spent $22K on a Camry with leather and CD! For some, it's about
passion for their cars, others, it's a car...an appliance so to speak.
Sure you won't find many, if any, base A4s out there... because for most
A4 owners out there, they figured if they are going to spend the kind
of money on a car they love, why get hold back by an option you love..
like the $1600 quattro option or $750 for sport pkg.
As stated before, the A4 and the GLX are for 2 different buyers/markets.
For me, would I have bought the GLX (fully loaded) for $23K, and saved
the $5000 for upgrades or go-fast blower? Most likely, that will never
happen.

BTW, as for the cheesy material, and cloth seats... have you felt the
cloth seats??? Have you sat in it? This is not some terry towel/cloth
material. It's the good shit! And if you go with leatherette,... many
others have commented that the look and feel just like high quality
leather. You know that tough, rough feel of leather you have in other
cars,... the letterette beats it hands down. And if you would also please
point out the cheesy material to me, I would be more than happy to look
in my car for it... is it the dash? the door trims? (they are REAL
aluminium, btw).

Cris
who didn't buy the A4 for "bang for the buck" factor, nor am I looking
to drag race at every other stop light. I got the A4, because it's an
A4.