Re: AUDI Question

At 11:43 AM 10/9/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Don't sweat it Billy.  In my eyes, the GTI/GLX are the same in terms
>of performance.  The GLX has 100lbs on the GTI but a difference in
>the amount of gas carried or driving ability can more than make up
>that weight difference.

Jeff, I'm curious where did you get this from, more gas carried?

>I've even been told by some tuners that the GLX is more balanced
>cause that 100lbs is over the rear axel.

Not sure about this statement either.  The way I look at it 100 lbs. more in
weight on the GLX over the GTI is not an advantage and doesn't do any thing
to enhance balance. If you want a more nimble car the GTI is the way to go......
Just my 2 cents.

Bob