Re: Airbag repair

At 10:37 AM -0700 10/9/98, Peter Loron wrote:
>I've got a 97 GLX (36K miles) and a couple of weeks ago the airbag light
>came on. I took it to the dealer today and they say it needs a new spiral
>spring behind the airbag in the steering wheel. They want $100 for the
>part and 2 hours labor to fix it. Anybody got a line on getting it fixed
>cheaper? Thanks.

I'm assuming you bought your car used? Otherwise, they should fix it free
of charge/warranty? Or do I have the warranty mileage wrong?

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                             Verio Northwest
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225