Off topic: Audi TT, and one VR6 question

Well, after I saw it in the Neiman Marcus catalog, I have to say I was quite
impressed with what I saw, so I dropped by Pray Audi (the largest Audi
dealer in the US, maybe the world?) the other day and asked if they had any
literature on it. I was hoping they would actually have a demo or something
(they have a HUGE underground lot which holds all their inventory, but
nobody allowed down there), but the salesman made no mention. He said he did
sit in one a few months back and really liked it, but really had no clue how
much and when the 225bhp quattro would be available. The brochure he gave me
was very nice though--the car will be introduced with three colors: black,
silver, and denim blue. After that other colors available will be Amulet Red
(dark), Trapper Yellow, Talisman Green metallic, Desert Green (dark),
Aviator Gray, and Raven black (pearl effect). The interior is damn near one
of the best I've seen, with nice touches of aluminum here and there. Some
nice features I noticed were: auto climate control w/ sun sensor, radio
antenna integrated into rear window glass, rear foglight, retractable
headlight washers, airbags all around (front, side--one for head and one for
body, and rear), and xenon headlamps.
I want this car!! Base price (180bhp) looks to be in the low 30's, and I'm
thinking the fully loaded 225bhp six speed quattro will push the price close
to $40k.

VR6 content: How do I check the level of my tranny fluid (I have the
5-speed)? On occasion when I shift from first to second I get that
horrifying grind. I tried the "move the seat up two notches" solution (to
make sure the clutch pedal is down all the way), but it still happens.
Should some Redline MT-90 solve the problem? Or would replacing it with new
stock tranny fluid work as well? Thanks for any info.

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef