From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf Of Michael Rogan
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 1998 10:51 AM
To: Jetta Mailing List
Subject: More GLX info

My GLX and I are fairly new to this mailing list so I have many questions:

1. what's this las vegas blaupunkt people are asking about? Is it a direct factory replacement for the Bose system? What makes the Bose CD player different?
[Patrick Sherman]

Nope.. Just stick any head unit in there..

2. Has anyone installed one of those BIG BORE kits from ABD? is it just a larger diameter hose? Are there any other alternatives out there?
[Patrick Sherman]

Sorry not available. They never finished more than one..

3. My '98 black on black GLX has cloth interior(ordered by us), but everyone I have spoken with has said that they have never seen cloth in a GLX. Who else out there has cloth?
[Patrick Sherman]

Alot of people have cloth, it was harder to find them towards the end of the year.

4. has anyone tried to install one of those bright red fog lights on the back of there car? I looked under there and there doesn't seem to be much room for mounting. If there are success stories here please let me know.
[Patrick Sherman]

Umm.. You install them under the rear reverse light. On the GLX we actually have factory spots for these. It's the GTI that needs the Porcshe style rear bumber bracket..

5. Does anyone know what the GLX 7 spoke wheels weigh?
[Patrick Sherman]

Not too much..

6. Are there any short throw shifters out there?
[Patrick Sherman]

Neuspeed about $400

Air & Water Enterprises Cheaper + Core...

I appreciate any and all help with my new GLX. Thanks.
[Patrick Sherman] ]

Sure no problem..