Open Element Filters (Re: Chips)

Try covering your mouth with a piece of tape, then, poke a bunch of holes in the
tape, and go run around the block. You don't breathe very well, do you.  Now,
take the tape off of your mouth, and go run around the block.  Get it?

To see the effectiveness of the open element, you got to look at the bigger
picture.  Not only does the thing suck in more air, it does it with less
restriction.  So you get more air, and you get it easier, less weezing on the
engine

As far as heat, that airbox not only heats up to the same temp as the engine
compartment, but it retains heat.  So once it gets hot, it stays hot. No flow of
cool air, unless it comes directly from outside the car, is gonna cool down the
air box.

As far as the sound, it is wearing on me a little, but I will get over it.

I just couldn't resist adding my input on this subject:)

BTW, I run a Neuspeed chip and the open filter...  167 wheel hp and 14 second
timeslips don't lie. (remember, it is a GTI)

Billy T.