Re: Suspension Question

Well, different people have their own way of tuning their cars. The
original poster (sorry, forgot your name) wanted more road feel/
sensitivity,... so I suggested wheels/shocks. Is VW stocking
the GLXs with high performance Z-rated tires now? I know they used to
come with GY all seasons, please correct me if I am wrong.

IMHO, when you start tuning the suspension, naturally, you would want
to start from the point of contact with the road, right? Now, say you
do the shocks and springs first. Your car is lowered, ride is stiffer... but
when you start taking turns/sweeps at speed, you will lose contact at
the tires first, before you get full use of the stiffer shocks and springs.
That is the reason why one would want to go with a wheels/tires pk, or
a nice set of high performance tires. Car tuning is all about form follow
function... hey, I think Porsche lives by that philosophy! :)

BTW, to the original poster, if you have a nice set of performance tires
on your GLX already... then, by all means, go with the shocks and springs.

Cris
A4 1.8TQ