Re: Suspension Question

> As far as suspension tuning goes... start off with wheels/tires.
> If you go with a set of Plus One setup from your stock wheels/tires,
> the road feel should get better (or more sensitive). Then, if you want
> to firm up the ride, then go with a new shocks and springs setup.

Is this the general concensus around here?  Get a different tire/wheel
set-up and then change the suspension?  I've always felt that those
"High shine" performance wheels and tires look pretty stupid, especially
if the rest of the car is stock.  I'd rather change the suspension and
get better handling that way, then to fool around with bigger rims
and fatter tires.  Agree/Disagree?

Also, before I put much thought into this, how much would a new set of
shocks and springs be?  I'm not looking for specifics, just a typical
set of sport springs and shocks.  Thanks in advance.

--
Benjamin M. Piecuch
Hamilton Standard