Re: What's the correct viscosity for synthetic oil in a GLX

Question:  I've got just under 60000kilometres (37500 miles) on my '95 GLX.
It's been running normal oil since new.  I was wondering at going to synthetic,
but my VW dealer says there could be problems with a car that age.  My mechanic
(whos always treated me well) says that he doesn't think that's the case, and
that i should be able to go with something like the Mercedes authorized
synthetic oil with no problem.  (It's horribly expensive, but it's the only
synthetic okayed by Benz, which probably means it would be okay to use in my
lowly GLX :).

Anyway.  Wondering if anyone had yet another conflicting opinion...  Heh...

Sundie...