What's the correct viscosity for synthetic oil in a GLX

I've been following every oil thread in the list for the past few months
and
have a few questions of my own ....
I own a Black GLX VR6 (all stock accept for the tinted lights and
headlight covers, which do make the car go faster !) and up here
in Canada you can expect the engine temperatures to run
205 - 240.   I've had one oil change already and had the dealer
put in the synthetic oil ... I've noticed a slight decrease in engine
temps, about 5 degrees.  I believe they used castrol 15w50 ... but
I'm wondering what would is the best synthetic oil viscosity for the
winter, can you run a 10w/30 synthetic oil in the winter, how long
should you (or can you) wait between oil changes .....

Thanks ....

Thomas Muller
Oakville, Ont - Canada
98' Black GLX VR6