Re: Replacing rear lights

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alexander L. Kunstmann <seycom@altavista.net>
>This is very easy. Open the trunk, remove the panel where the bulbs are
>mounted, this doesn't require unscrewing, then unscrew the main plastic
>unit. Do the reverse for the new ones. Oh, Hella does tinted (as well as
the
>stock un-tinted) OEM taillights in blue, green, and black, many times
>available through the dealer but you can find them cheaper in any 3rd
party
>accessory shop.

Alex,

Thanks for the information.  It sounds relatively straightforward.

Basically there's two options I've heard so far:

1) All out replacement.  Advantages: it should look very 'real', and you
can treat it like any other taillight.  Disadvantages: cost, more
difficult (have to take apart the taillights.

2) Using Nightshades.  Advantages: relatively easier, much cheaper.
Disadvantages: I don't know - I've never seen what it looks like.  I
suppose the darkness wears off... but then again, maybe not.

Now to try to make some decisions......
thanks,
- -matt

- -----
Matt Garland -- Williams College, Class of 1998
http://wso.williams.edu/~mgarland/sounds
  ^--- TV & Movie Theme Songs & More