Re: Replacing rear lights

Quoting e:
>Though I haven't done it (yet). It should be a basic swap. Just take out
>the regular GL style ones and replace with the GT, GLX, Trek, etc, "smoke
>tinted" tailights. It comes in 4 pieces, left and right and the
reflectors
>for the trunklid part. The best price I've seen is Velocity Sport Tuning
>at $153.00.

Thanks for the info!  I'll look them up.  This appears to be a fairly
reasonable price to me ... however I imagine some digging around (as
another list member said, in junkyards) could possibly find a better
price.

>Or you could use "NightShades" or some other transparent black paint to
>"tint" them yourselves. I think VW Sport offers this. The Corrado Club
>webpage has instructions on tinting them yourselves but be warned that a
>list member (JettaGLX list) has had numerous mishaps with NightShades.

This obviously would be a cheaper alternative ... but ... I'd like to find
out more about the mishaps.  Also ... how does this paint resist weather &
wear?  What's its lifespan?

thanks for the advice,
- -matt

- -----
Matt Garland -- Williams College, Class of 1998
http://wso.williams.edu/~mgarland/sounds
  ^--- TV & Movie Theme Songs & More