Re: Replacing rear lights

Matt,

Though I haven't done it (yet). It should be a basic swap. Just take out
the regular GL style ones and replace with the GT, GLX, Trek, etc, "smoke
tinted" tailights. It comes in 4 pieces, left and right and the reflectors
for the trunklid part. The best price I've seen is Velocity Sport Tuning
at $153.00.

Or you could use "NightShades" or some other transparent black paint to
"tint" them yourselves. I think VW Sport offers this. The Corrado Club
webpage has instructions on tinting them yourselves but be warned that a
list member (JettaGLX list) has had numerous mishaps with NightShades.

Hope this helps,
- -Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black