Re: What Keeps running?

- ------=_NextPart_000_0264_01BD8971.3656A640

>B. Wanamaker Wrote:
>
>I just picked up my new, black with tan leather, '98 GLX last Friday,
>and I love it!
>I'm just getting used to some strange sounds and occurrences that =
didn't
>happen with my old '89 Accord.=20
>When I parked in the garage the first night and shut it off, the fan
>kept running -- different from the Honda but not too unusual. Then,
>after the fan stopped, I heard some sort of high-pitch whining sound
>from under the hood. It finally stopped after about 5 or 6 minutes. My
>theory is that there's an auxiliary electric water pump or something
>that runs while the car starts cooling down. If that's the case, I'm
>really impressed. Or, is there just something wrong with my car?

>B. Wanamaker

I got my 98 GLX 2 months ago and  it does the samething.  I don't think =
it's a problem, since most people with either  97 or 98  GLX's hear the =
same noise.  Now the noise that is really bugging me is the clicking =
noise that I hear.  For instance, when I drive really slow into my =
driveway I hear a few clicks.  I also hear this clicking sound right =
after I change gears.  Right now I have 2500 miles on the car.  I am =
waiting to hit the 5000 mark so I can bring it in for service.=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_0264_01BD8971.3656A640

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><BR>&gt;B. Wanamaker Wrote:</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;I just picked up my new, black with tan leather, '98 GLX last=20
Friday,<BR>&gt;and I love it!<BR>&gt;I'm just getting used to some =
strange=20
sounds and occurrences that didn't<BR>&gt;happen with my old '89 Accord. =

<BR>&gt;When I parked in the garage the first night and shut it off, the =

fan<BR>&gt;kept running -- different from the Honda but not too unusual. =

Then,<BR>&gt;after the fan stopped, I heard some sort of high-pitch =
whining=20
sound<BR>&gt;from under the hood. It finally stopped after about 5 or 6 =
minutes.=20
My<BR>&gt;theory is that there's an auxiliary electric water pump or=20
something<BR>&gt;that runs while the car starts cooling down. If that's =
the=20
case, I'm<BR>&gt;really impressed. Or, is there just something wrong =
with my=20
car?<BR><BR>&gt;B. Wanamaker</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I got my 98 GLX 2 months ago and&nbsp; it does the samething.&nbsp; =
I don't=20
think it's a problem, since most people with either&nbsp; 97 or 98&nbsp; =
GLX's=20
hear the same noise.&nbsp; Now the noise that is really bugging me is =
the=20
clicking noise that I hear.&nbsp; For instance, when I drive really slow =
into my=20
driveway I hear a few clicks.&nbsp; I also hear this clicking sound =
right after=20
I change gears.&nbsp; Right now I have 2500 miles on the car.&nbsp; I am =
waiting=20
to hit the 5000 mark so I can bring it in for =
service.&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0264_01BD8971.3656A640--