Engine Temperatures

I was wondering what everyone was running for average oil temperatures for VR6's.
I own a '92 SLC.  My engine has 50,000 miles on it and I (mistakably) am running
10-30 Castrol Syntec Blend (soon to be 20-50).  My engine temperatures around town
on warm days seems to reach between 236-252 (often in the higher range).  Is this
too high?  The temperature doesn't seem to come down too much after it reaches
this high.  Could this be because of my light choice of oil grades or maybe I need
a coolant flush (which I've never had done)?  Please advise.

David
92 SLC VR6
Chrome VR6 badges
Tinted tail lights and side markers