Re: Engine Temperatures

>I was wondering what everyone was running for average oil temperatures for
>VR6's.
>I own a '92 SLC.  My engine has 50,000 miles on it and I (mistakably) am
>running
>10-30 Castrol Syntec Blend (soon to be 20-50).  My engine temperatures
>around town
>on warm days seems to reach between 236-252 (often in the higher range).
>Is this
>too high?  The temperature doesn't seem to come down too much after it reaches
>this high.  Could this be because of my light choice of oil grades or
>maybe I need
>a coolant flush (which I've never had done)?  Please advise.
>
>David
>92 SLC VR6
>Chrome VR6 badges
>Tinted tail lights and side markers
>P-chip
>K+N replacement OEM filter
>Air box mods
>Alpine Cass+CD Changer+Boston Sub
>Passat Cupholder

The temps are NORMAL for a VR6.  They are NOT too high, but are higher than
some other engines out there.  Try an oil cooler if you think that the
temps are too high.  220F is a minimum to keep the water out of the oil
(water vaporizes at 212F).

Brian M. Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"