Re: Arm Rest

>      Anyone ever purchase one of those center armrest/cup holder deals from
>      VW?  Just how cheesy are they?  Is there anymore storage space in them
>      then what comes stock in the GLX?  How easy is the installation and
>      once installed is it pretty solid or is it flimsy?
>
>      Rob

I bought my car second hand and it came with one, so I can't tell you
about the installation, but...  They're somewhat cheesy in appearance
(don't look very integrated into the cabin, almost like a racing add on,
if you're looking for a story for the gullible), but not too bad.  There's
no storage space whatsoever, in fact it makes it harder to access the tiny
storage space under it.  The armrest is quite solid, the cup holders are
quite flimsy.  I use one cupholder for my coffee while I'm drinking it,
then shift it to the under-ashtray holder when it's empty.

I wouldn't bother getting one if it wasn't there already.  The one thing I
*do* like about it is that your arm rests nicely in line with the shifter.
 Makes shifting pretty relaxed, somewhat like the short shift in an MR2 or
something...

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Campbell