Re: Arm Rest

ROBERT,

If you are interested in a center armrest but don't give a hoot about
the armrest having a storage compartment look into the armrest
manufactured by:  J.A.T. Design Inc. (904) 642-0044.  The armrest is
very similiar to the ones on the BMW 3-Series.  Once installed the
armrest tilts vertically out of the way.  It is much better than the one
offered by the VW parts department and should have been a standard
equipment from the VW factory.  I can privately E-Mail you or anyone
else interested a photo of it.  European Car has a picture of the
armrest on p. 142 in the March '96 issue.  The downside of the armrest
for those of you who are quesesy is a couple of holes need to be drilled
into the side of the driver's seat.

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX