Re: Stock stereo

>Does anyone know the power output rating of the Clarion (pre Bose) 97 GLX
>head unit? How about the "made in Mexico" speaker resistance? Instructions
>for Blaupunkt head units say not to run more than one speaker per "channel"
>unless they are rated 8 ohms.

I think the manual says 10wpc RMS (about equivalent to a 25W x 4 High power
deck as they are rated at peak power).

The speakers on my Jetta shows...6 ohms on the woofer and tweeter.

Brian M. Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"