Re: Oil Grade?

>Hi,
>
>I've decided to use Mobil 1 - is 5W30 OK?  I just read
>in the watercooled newsgroup that many VW'ers run 15W50 in their cars...
>I've already bought the 5W30, but not put it in (Walmart doesn't carry the
>15W50 either, which will slow me down - the market for synthetic oil in
>Halifax isn't all that large, selection seems to be limited).  Avoid it?
>Search for another weight?

5W-30 M1 synthetic is fine.  It will protect BETTER than a 10W-40
conventional motor oil.
If your car sees some really high temps you may want to try 15W-50 in the
hottest summer months.

>What do others run in their cars?

Amsoil 0W-30 Series 2000...All year long!

Brian M. Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"