Rust Pitting?

Hi all

Not having the expertise nor the time to do it myself, I just had the brakes
on my GLX  looked at a local brake shop. They told me my rear rotors are
rust pitted and that I will need them to have them replaced when they do my
brakes. I took a look at my rotors and though I'll admit I'm no expert, they
looked fine to me. They claim that although there's enough of the rotor left
the rotors will squeal like crazy if they turn them. Sounds like a crock not
to mention the fact they claim the rotors are 125 apiece while the dealer
lists them at 60 some dollars.  Does any of this sound right to any of you?
Anyone on the list have their rotors replaced on their first brake job?
I've dealt with these guys before and they seemed pretty reliable but I have
my doubts on this one. Thanks in advance.

Jose

P.S. Anyone know a reliable VW shop or mechanic within 20 miles of
Westchester Co, NY that they could recommend. Or do any of you guys want to
make a few bucks on the side :)

Warning  content- Kraftwerk , whose song Autobahn has a sample of an old
aircooled Beetle, is on tour & will be here in NY 13 Jun. Buy your ticket
while they last!