Re: Engine Flush With Tranny Fluid

>Chris,
>
>For what its worth, a guy who works with me used to be a mechanic in a
>previous life, he swears by flushing the engine with transmission fluid. I
>haven't tried it, nor do I suggest you do it. I have no idea what damage,
>if any, this could do to your engine.
>
>later,
>-Naresh

The automatic transmission fluid your mechanic friend swears by is OK.
Just don't drive with it, its too low in viscosity.  ATF is at its most
basic, 10 weight motor oil with red pigment and a very specific additive
package.  Certainly OK as a flush, I would rather use a specific flush,
followed by a drain, add 5W-30 motor oil, drain again after 20 mins,...then
drain, change the filter and add synthetic...

Brian  Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"