RE: Exhaust systems and Performance Chip

I don't think you can ever ask a "which is best?" question without
getting different answers. The Remus is definitely a nice system, but
it's mucho $$$. Don't know about sound though. I've heard both the
Techtonics and the Autotech (courtesy of Uncle Wally) exhausts, and I
like the sound of the Autotech better-very deep and mellow. If it means
anything, the Autotech has a big ass 3.5" polished tip. I'd prefer to
have a tip that looks closer to stock, like the Techtonics, and if the
Autotech had the dual tip design, I'd get it right away. I'll probably
end up getting either the Techtonics or the Borla twin from New
Dimensions. As for power gains, don't expect much (3-5 hp) as the stock
one (Liestritz) is already pretty good. You may even lose some low end
power.

You won't find one list member (or on the GTI-VR6 list either) who
doesn't love the Garrett chip. For more info, visit:
www.dvol.com/~users/gal/giac.htm
Your ECU warranty will be shot (damn those tamper-resistant screws), but
with the right dealer your 10/100k will be fine.

Kevin
97 GLX Windsor Blue