Bose Again??

My earlier comments were to get some trolling action going on in here.

On a personal level, I am a former Audio/Video salesman (now I'm a
chemist...go figure),  I used to sell bose and other speaker systems.  As a
rule, Bose is an innovative marketing company and does some good car fi
systems (better than that Chrysler-Infinity stuff...which is suprising with
the power of Harmon International behind Infinty) but really lacks the true
audiophile quality they claim to have.

I used to demo bose AM-5 systems (or other bose stuff) to people ready to
plunk down 799.00 to get them, I would also run some Jamo or Paridigm
product with them (they always resisted).  I wanted my customers to know
their options and not but what the ad says to buy.  Invariabley (like 85%
of the time) the customer would leave with a Jamo or Paridigm (or Mission)
mini set up for less money and (IMHO) a better engineered and better
sounding speaker system.   Again, Bose is great at marketing, but IMHO
falls way short on the bang-for-the-buck meter.

Don't fall for hype, obey your ears (if you like the bose...great, you
should have them...) buy what sounds best to you (in your price range of
course), in the long run you will be happy with what ever setup you have.

Brian  Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"