Re: Clutch pedal noises

Erik,

The clutch pedal in my 97GLX was sticking at around 3/4 of the way back to
the top. I would need to kick it back up the last 1/4 of the travel. On my
first visit regarding the problem, the dealer lubed the pedal. This worked
for about 4 months. After it began sticking again, the dealer replaced the
clutch pedal bushing (part # 1H0721357) with the admittance that VW had
problems with the bushing and a newer version was available.

- - dave r.
   97glx