Clutch pedal noises

OK, I *know* someone else on the list has had this problem, but I don't
remember who (yes, I did search the archives, Andy :)) so...

When letting out my clutch, I get a sort of sticking.  Actually, it
*feels* like a squeak (but it doesn't usually make any noise).  It is
fairly hard to describe, but I know someone has had this problem, so
please, speak up.  My dealer "lubed" the clutch of course with no
results.

My immediate thought is that it is the fault of the return spring --
I've had considerable problems with it in the past.

Anyway, i'd like to get it fixed when the car goes in for the ABS for
the FOURTH time.

thanks
- -erik