zymol impressions

Well, it was a BEAUTIFUL day today in Connecticut, so I decided to do a
thorough wash/wax job. Here's how it went:

Noon- Washed twice with Blue Coral Self-Dry. Doesn't do exactly what is
says, but got the job done.
1pm- Clay Magic. I've used this stuff two or three times before, and I
have to say I'm more and more impressed with how well it works. Worth
every penny.
2pm- Applied Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax. Before my car had swirl marks all
over; there are still swirls, but now not as noticeable.
3pm- Took a rest, had a Coke, and flipped through the latest issue of ec.
3:30pm- Applied Zymol Carbon wax. The "owner's manual" instructs me to
apply one section at a time, then buff with "light or no pressure".
Sounds easy enough. YEAH RIGHT. I guess because of the high carnauba
content, it doesn't powder up like conventional waxes, which is a good
thing, but it takes FOREVER to remove and get that clean, deep shine.
After about 2 1/2 hours of buffing, aching, and pondering the meaning of
life, mission complete. Results are spectacular. After another hour to
let the wax "cure", a final wipe. I hope it was worth it...

One final note: I used the Zymol Wheel Cleaner kit on the stock BBS
wheels ('97). I don't know whether it was worth the twenty bucks, but it
does work well, gentle yet effective. It comes with a horsehair brush
which works great at getting into tiny crevices like the lug nut area. It
even doubled as a detailing brush. The kit includes a "wheel coat" as
well, which is supposed to resist brake dust. Time will tell.

Kevin
97 GLX Windsor Blue
P-chipped, Flo'd
Clarion ProAudio