RE: Fuba antena adapter from Crutchfield

bryan-
yes, the fuba antenna is required. i got mine from crutchfield
as well when i ordered MY blau las vegas (excellent choice,
by the way.)

the install is very easy. just make sure to follow the provided
wiring diagrams- except do NOT connect the negative signal
outputs to anything. just tape them up real good so they don't
ground to chassis or you'll blow the bose amp.

the actual antenna jack on my '98 (you have the same year, i
think, right) is not the standard jack- you'll need an adapter
which bose didn't provide on mine. had to run out to best buy
in the middle of the install.

if you don't have the four holes on the face of the stock unit
to insert the DIN release tools then getting the stock unit out
is tricky.

im out of time right now (have to go to work today) but if
you have any questions please dont hesitate to email me
off list. i'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
i've still got all my wiring diagrams and everything, too so...

check out mark's site. http:\\jetta.aosi.net

spank me hard- REAL hard