Re: [gti-vr6] Tires

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Bryan Billings wrote:

> Ok guys,
> I am going to get some new "Z" rated tires for the Jetta GLX.  Stock
> 15". What do you guys like ?  Has anyone gone to a 215 45 ZR 15 ? or
> anything else for that matter?  They have to be "Z"'s cause i want to
> run them on the track and I am to poor to but new rims with type R's.
> Please help I am burning a hole in my boxers.

I bought a set of Dunlop D40M2s last August, and so far I like them a lot.
They aren't extremely expensive (I paid $99 /tire, now I think they're $94
/tire) and they have good traction in the wet from what I've experienced.
Plenty of grip in the dry too.  I've taken some turns pretty fast and hard
with them and they haven't squealed or broken loose yet.  I was thinking
of the P-Zeros when I bought mine ($109 per tire) but they wear much
faster and I wasn't so sure about their wet traction.

Bryan